Eco-conscious business events
Hosting an ‘aww’ worthy event can be a great way to increase your exposure to potential customers and show what your business has to offer.
In Australia the average business event can costs upwards of $5,000, and while the idea of being eco-conscious while attempting to win over business may seem counterintuitive, it is a great way to not only save on your companies bottom line but also reflect a company that is modern and forward thinking when it comes to reducing there overall impact on the environment.
Event Gifts and Paper
- Choose all-natural event gifts and paper products made from recycled materials as well as try to reduce the number of printed pieces you need. i.e create a beautiful electronic save the date and have menus printed per couple or table as well as on recycled paper.
- Choose in-season local and organic foods for your menu to avoid unnecessary use of plastic packaging.
- Be conscious of portion sizes and think about how many courses you need for guests to enjoy themselves.
- If you are still in the early stages of planning your event, why not opt for a cocktail style event? – Not only are cocktail receptions more social, but the perfect way to reduce the amount of waste, i.e. menus, cutlery, menus, laundry and table settings.
- Bring sustainability into the décor such as mason jars or old wine bottles that are ideal for floral table arrangements or cocktail service.
- Have unwanted items from your event? including unbreakable crockery can be dropped off to groups such as SCR Group who work tirelessly to give Australia’s unwanted things a second life.
To find out more visit http://scrg.com.au/