We hire a removalist to transport our belongings from one place to another. We trust them to handle the goods well and make sure none of them are misplaced or damaged in transit. However, trust does not come easy these days because there is no dearth of fraud removalists around you, just waiting to scam you and take your money.
What Do You Need to Ask a Removalist To Get Your Job Done?
Asking a removalist a few questions can actually make your work a lot easier. Time stands testimony to the fact that people who know what to ask and are well-informed get cheated less than those who aren’t. Asking these questions can give you a peace of mind as you know who you are dealing with then. You know what they plan on doing and how they plan on approaching it as well. There are certain rules and regulations imposed by modern building authorities and you only need to hire those removalists who work in accordance with these laws.
Questions That You Need to Ask Without Hesitation:
Never hesitate to ask the removalists about anything that concerns you. A lot of people do not know what to ask and what answers to seek. Later, it affects them in a wrong way. So the questions that you must ask the removalist before hiring him are as follows:
1. What Kind of Experience Do They Have? – It is obvious that when we are moving to a new household, we would want to take the things that are most precious to us. They may be extremely valuable in terms of money or sentiments. Therefore, it is important to know whether the removalist has experience in moving rare or fragile items that are valuable or not so that you don’t have to pay the price later when something goes wrong.
2. Is Insurance Offered? – A really important question that most customers forget to ask is whether the removalist is insured or not. It is really important to know whether the service providers are insured or not.
3. Is the Quote Mentioned for Door-To-Door Delivery or Depot-To-Depot Delivery? – A lot of these removalist companies offer door-to-door delivery services. In other words, they deliver your belongings to your doorstep. However, the others deliver them to the company depot that is nearest to the place you are moving to. People often forget to ask this question and then they have to bear the hassle of arranging for transportation to carry their belongings from the depot to their houses. Also, depending on how heavy the materials would be for the removalists, they will ask the price, so it is better to do a proper checking and take a rough and then a final estimate before you appoint the removalists.
4. Deposit Refundable or Not? – Certain removal service providers ask for a deposit before they start the entire process of moving your household. The catch is that in the case of certain removalists the deposits are non-refundable. Therefore, it is crucial to know whether the deposit is refundable or not before hiring them.
5. What is the Transit Time? – Another important question to ask is how much time it would take for the belongings to be delivered. The transit time matters because a lot of people might be in a hurry and might want a speedy delivery. Removalists, who are quite reputed and have been in the business for a long time, can give their customers an estimated time for the arrival of the belongings.
It is always good to choose removalists from your local area only, as they can give the ultimate value for money, and you do not have to invest any additional cost for transportation.